1. Type up your list poem , publish it to your blog, and print out a copy for your portfolio. Make sure it has a title other than "list poem."
2. Browse and read poems on the sites poetry.org and poetry archive. Find two that speak to you.
3. Copy and paste each of them in a google doc, making sure you keep the original formatting, title, author's name, and date if available.
4. Print each poem out and crazy notate.
5. Using the Elements of Poetry and How to Read a Poem handouts, write a (at least 1/2 page) response per poem. Be sure to discuss the theme of the poem, and use examples from the poem to illustrate use of poetic devices such as alliteration, repetition, metaphor, etc. Of course include the author's name and poem's title in your first sentence.
6. Post your responses to your blog along with a link to the poems. Finally, print out your two response, hole punch, and put them in your portfolio along with your notated poems.
7. When you're done, read other student's posts and write comments.